This is a random experiment that turned out not half bad. A good meal that will feed 3 as a meal or 6 as a side dish.
1 tin mixed baked beans
1 tsp cajun spice
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp fennel seads
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cayenne peppe
1/4 tsp black peppercorns
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp brown sugar
3 medium sized sweet potatos
1 spring onion
250ml low fat greek yoghurt
250g grated cheese
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees. Scrub the potatoes to remove any loose dirt.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Leave potato skins to one side to rest until cool enough to handle.
- Put a frying pan, or non-stick saucepan on a low heat and pour in the mixed beans.
- In a pestle and mortar place all the spices and grind to a fine powder. Add the ground spices to the beans and stir until combined.
- Meanwhile slice the potatoes in half lengthways and scrape out approximately half the flesh from the skins. Keep to one side for later.
- Place the potatoes skin down on a baking tray, share the beans between the 6 halfs and spoon into the cavity. Spoon the removed flesh alongside the beans atop the skins.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and a few dashes for Worcester sauce on each skin. Place the tray with the skins under a hot grill until the cheese has melted and started to brown on top.
- Whilst the skins are grilling slice the spring onion diagonally. Spoon the yoghurt into a bowl and top with a pinch of paprika.
- Serve the skins on a board around the bowl of yoghurt, sprinkle with the spring onion to garnish.